Ecologica has a range of bird control solutions for the effective management of bird populations where there is conflict with human interests e.g. public health and safety, damage to buildings, stress to residents and tenants.We provide solutions for a wide range of industries, safeguarding their business interests by delivering bird management programmes and mitigation services humanely, discreetly and professionally.
A variety of management techniques have evolved to solve these conflicts; these include integrated bird management strategies that incorporate hygiene, proofing, scaring and in some situation’s humane removal or control. Each conflict will generally require a different solution depending on the species and situation in which the conflict is occurring.
We ensure our clients audit compliance with both Irish and EU wildlife laws. We safeguard our client’s projects while maintaining respect for wildlife and the environment.
Our services include:
- Bird management & behaviour.
- Proofing e.g. post & wire systems, wire mesh, spiking, UV repellent bird gel, daddi long legs, de-bird & anti-bird chimney cowls, solar panel proofing, electric ledge deterrents and netting.
- Laser deterrence systems: mobile & fixed installations.
- Falconry disruption & dispersal programmes.
- Bio-acoustic sound systems or bird scarer or bangers.
- Trapping & removal e.g. pigeons, sparrows, starlings & crows.
- Egg and nest removal outside of the nesting period.
- Decontamination: certified bird dropping removal and gutter clearance.
We are not afraid to get our hands dirty – we specialise in decontamination: bird dropping removal and provide a certificate of decontamination following completion of works thus ensuring the area affected is disease free and safe for staff, tenants, third-party contractors and visitors on-site.
Feral Pigeon (Columba livia)
There are a variety of reasons for managing urban birds:
- Human disease & transmission
- Property damage
- Image & nuisance
The key benefits of bird management:
- Reduce health & safety hazards
- Save money – now or in the future
- Improve relations with tenants, homeowners, public or other businesses in your locality
- Protect from prosecution
Talk to a member of our team today on (086) 812 0435 for advice or to arrange an on-site consultation.